I began practicing in the Mankato, New Ulm, and St. Peter area in 1983. I am originally from Milford, a small town in northwest Iowa near Lake Okoboji. I was certified by the American Board of Orthodontics in 1989 and recertified by the board in 2006. I take pride in the services we provide at Southern Minnesota Orthodontics and I look forward to meeting you!
I started college at Iowa State University. I then transferred to the University of Iowa where I earned all of my college degrees, including a Bachelor of Science, Doctorate of Dental Surgery, and Master of Science in orthodontics. As a dental student, I was elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon national dental honor society.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Minnesota Association of Orthodontists
- Past president of the Minnesota Association of Orthodontics
- Southern District of the Minnesota Dental Association
- Past president of the Southern District Dental Association
- Midwestern Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Minnesota Dental Association
My wife Joanne and I live in Mankato, in a home that I built with my father. We have two children, Nicholas and Natalia, who both graduated from the University of Iowa. I enjoy carpentry and building projects in addition to flying radio-controlled airplanes, woodworking, and casting gold jewelry.